Apply for Aid
Mount Mary University encourages you to apply for scholarships and financial aid,
regardless of your family income. Mount Mary is committed to helping make a college
education affordable for you and your family and the university strives to meet as
much of your financial need as available funds allow.
Mount Mary takes into consideration several factors for awarding financial aid, including academic performance, financial need (as determined by the FAFSA) and filing deadlines when determining your scholarship and financial aid award amounts.
The only way to know if you’re eligible for scholarships, grants, loans and federal work-study is to apply for aid!
How to Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for federal, state and institutional grants, loans and/or work-study, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year that you need aid. The FAFSA is available January 1 each year. We strongly encourage you to file the FAFSA by our March 1 priority deadline to receive the most amount of aid possible. See the step-by-step process to apply for financial aid.
How to Apply for Mount Mary Scholarships
For academic scholarships at Mount Mary, you do not need to submit a separate application. For merit-based scholarships, the Grace Scholars Program and the Caroline Scholars Program, you will need to submit an application and other required application materials.
Scholarships & Financial Aid Timeline
- Fall semester of your high school senior year—Begin applying for scholarships; scholarship deadlines for Mount Mary and external scholarships vary.
- December 9—Application materials due for Mount Mary’s Caroline Scholars Program, a full-tuition scholarship.
- January 23 —Application materials due for first consideration for Mount Mary’s Grace Scholars Program,a near full-tuition scholarship. There a second opportunity for consideration that has a deadline of February 18.
- December 15—Financial Aid Early Estimator form is due to Mount Mary.
- January 1—The FAFSA form becomes available on this date each year.
- February—Mount Mary hosts events and individual appointments to help you and your family fill out the FAFSA and get financial aid questions answered.
- March 1—Mount Mary’s priority deadline for filing your FAFSA and qualifying for the one-time $500 Trustee Award.
- March/April—Financial aid review period. Mount Mary begins sending students financial aid award letters (for students entering in fall semester).