Next Steps: After You Apply for Financial Aid
After you file the FAFSA to apply for financial aid, Mount Mary University will prepare a customized financial aid package for you. After you receive your financial aid award package information, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Access you financial aid award information on MyMountMary. Under the Finances tab, you can access Mount Mary’s MyFinancialAid. (Learn about how to log in.)
- Accept or decline funding. In the MyFinancialAid portal, you need to actively accept or decline funding offered to you.
- Submit additional documents (as requested). If additional documents are requested, please submit them to the Financial Aid Office. Documents needed will be listed on MyFinancialAid.
- Complete entrance counseling. If you are borrowing Federal Direct Loans for the first time, you must complete Entrance Loan Counseling online.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note. If you are borrowing Federal Direct Loans for the first time, you must complete a Master Promissory Note online.
- Notify Mount Mary of additional aid from outside funds. If you are receiving outside funds such as scholarships or alternative loans, these awards will not appear on your Mount Mary financial aid award letter. Please notify the Mount Mary Financial Aid Office of all outside funds.
- Finalize payment arrangements. Contact the Mount Mary Business Office to make arrangements for payment. If needed, you can set up a payment plan of three equal payments each semester. If there is a gap in funding, consider applying for external scholarships, applying for a Parent PLUS Loan or applying for an alternative (private) education loan.
It's normal to have questions about the Financial Aid process. We've compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions to get you started.