Student Health Insurance
In the interest of students’ academic success and personal well-being, Mount Mary University requires the following students to have health insurance coverage:
- full-time undergraduate students in a traditional baccalaureate degree program
- full-time graduate students in a master's degree program
- graduate certificate students
- international students
- students living in the residence hall
- students enrolled in an academic program that requires health insurance
All students listed above must complete the online health insurance form on MyMountMary after registering for the fall semester. Students who do not complete the online form by the deadline, will be automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan offered by Mount Mary University through WPS.
Eligibility & Insurance Enrollment Details and Deadlines
Start Here! Follow the steps listed in the health insurance "Letter to Students" and other important documents posted for the 2014-15 academic year in MyMountMary. Be mindful of the deadlines!
Deadlines to complete the Enrollment/Waiver forms:
- August 23, 2014 - general deadline
- August 1, 2014 - special deadline for student athletes
- August 1, 2014 - special deadline for students living in the residence hall during the summer
New for 2014-1015
- There are three new student health insurance plans offered by WPS Health Insurance.
- Mount Mary only administers Option 1.
- Information about Option 2 or Option 3 is available on MyMountMary or can be accessed by contacting WPS.
- Any students interested in Option 2 or Option 3 must first enroll in Option 1, and then complete additional paperwork and payment directly with WPS.
- Premium costs have changed and are now dependent on age. See the WPS brochure posted on My Mount Mary for details.
- Please note: Mount Mary does not have a Student Health Center; therefore, students partaking in Option 1 will receive coverage according to Tiers 2 or 3.
Annual Student Insurance Costs & Billing
The annual cost associated with the Mount Mary University/WPS Student Health Insurance Plan will be added to your student account at the beginning of the school year. The spring-summer cost associated with the Mount Mary University insurance plan will be added to your account if you enroll after the conclusion of the fall semester. See MyMountMary for important information on costs.
Questions on current health insurance may be directed to Beth Reuter, Caroline Hall, Room 148, (414) 256-1220.