Tree and blue sky
More in this section More in this section


Mount Mary University offers undergraduate, post-baccalaureate and post-master's certificates to help you explore an area of expertise for credit. A credit certificate is awarded at the end of a course of study in an area of specialization to recognize you have gained expertise in that area. Credit certificates typically require between 12 and 24 credits.

A certificate is not a formal degree program such as Bachelor of Arts or Master of Science, but it can be combined with a formal degree to indicate an area of specialization. You must meet the University's admission requirements to enroll in a credit certificate program. Mount Mary certificate programs are open to both women and men.

Undergraduate Certificate Programs

An undergraduate certificate is available to all students. If you do not have a bachelor's degree you can earn a certificate by applying to Mount Mary as a special student. Pre-baccalaureate certificates are available in the following academic areas:

  • Spanish
  • Peacebuilding

Post-baccalaureate Certificate Programs

You may earn a post-baccalaureate certificate or a second bachelor's degree at Mount Mary if you already hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Apply by submitting the online Undergraduate Post-baccalaureate Certificate/Second Degree Application. Post-baccalaureate certificates are available in these academic areas:

Post-master's Certificate Programs

Mount Mary offers a post-master's certificate in counseling. This certificate is designed for you if you have previously received a master's degree in counseling and seek an additional area of concentration—clinical mental health or school counseling—in which to be licensed. In most cases, a state regulating and licensing board grants specific licenses. In some cases, a national professional organization may award licenses or credentials. Learn how to apply to our post-master's programs.

Gainful Employment Program Disclosures

Effective July 1, 2011, the United States Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose information about their Gainful Employment programs. Gainful Employment programs include any Title IV financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.”

Below you will find information about Gainful Employment programs offered at Mount Mary University. We will continue to update this information as more Gainful Employment data become available. Please note program length and program cost information provided within the links below assume no prior coursework towards the certificate program. Therefeor these may not necessarily reflect your program length and cost. Please contact Graduate Admissions for more information.

Read more information about Gainful Employment Programs regulations.