For purposes of this policy, Mount Mary University (“University”) is hereby defined to include Mount Mary University, its departments, programs, employees, agents, sponsors and individual trustees.
University is committed to protecting the privacy of all who access its website. As such, University will collect and store only information about its website visitors which is necessary for its internal use or operations. University intends that information about its website visitors not be shared, sold, exchanged, distributed or otherwise utilized in any manner which compromises the privacy of its users. The only exception to the abovementioned guarantee is information that University is required by law to release.
Information Provided Automatically
Said information includes data tracked as a result of exploring University’s website, commonly referred to as “cookies,” and includes (but is not limited to) such information as the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, and the address of the visitor’s website. This information is collected for University’s internal use only as a means of gathering statistical data and improving University’s webpage and processes.
Information Provided Voluntarily
Likewise, said information also includes data gathered as a result of voluntary transactions or interactions with University’s website, and includes (but is not limited to) such information as event registration data, on-line purchase records, surveys and visitor requests for information University intends that all information voluntarily provided shall be used solely for the stated purpose of its submission.
University is in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. For more details about these rights, refer to the full Annual Notification to Students available in the academic bulletins.
Mount Mary University does not have any establishment or other business location within the European Union.
In partnership with our third-party company, we are committed to having available the following materials for individuals that may wish to act consistent with the GDPR:
- Mount Mary University shall make available the following, upon appropriate written request to:
Mount Mary University
2900 North Menomonee River Parkway
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53222-4597
- a) An accounting of our third-party company’s processing activities and data categories related to personal data of a data subject;
- b) Documentation of our third-party company’s data security protocols;
- c) Documentation of our third-party company’s data security breach notification protocols;
- d) Documentation of our third-party company’s protocols to facilitate a data subject’s rights regarding his or her personal data that is within the custody of our third-party company
- e) Documentation attesting to the activities of all third party organizations that conduct data processing for Mount Mary University
- f) Documentation identifying the individual who will serve as data protection officer, when appropriate