Mount Mary University’s Honors Program promotes superior academic achievement and provides an enhanced educational experience. We encourage Honors Program students to develop a strong intellectual identity through exclusive opportunities in and outside the classroom.
Enhance Your Education
The Honors Program provides you opportunities to:
- Engage in courses designed to enhance your academic experience and challenge you;
- Take courses with other Honors Program students;
- Expand your abilities; and
- Excel in extracurricular engagement and campus leadership.
By participating in the Honors Program, you also will receive the designation “Graduation in the Honors Program” on your university diploma.
Get Exclusive Program Opportunities
By participating in the Honors Program, you have the opportunity to participate in some of the following activities, exclusively for Honors Program students:
- Receive academic advising from your major’s program director.
- Present a paper at an on- or off-campus scholarly conference.
- Write an honors thesis.
- Enroll in honors courses such as Honors Composition II; Search for Meaning; Philosophy of Science; Africa: Past, Present and Future; and Harry Potter Literature.
- Participate in Honors Video Seminars focusing on topics such as women’s leadership, self-esteem building and career development.
- Engage in the Honors Contract Option, which allows you to contract with professors to take regular classes at an honors level.
Are You Eligible for the Honors Program?
To be considered for acceptance into the Honors Program, candidates must have:
- Have a minimum 3.5 grade point average in high school or at her previous academic institution
- Be an accepted or currently enrolled student at Mount Mary University
- Demonstrate involvement in extracurricular and service-related activities
- Maintain a 3.5 grade point average or better while matriculating at Mount Mary and upon graduation
Join the Honors Program
The Honors Program is available to first-time college students, transfer students
and current students pursuing an undergraduate degree.
New students: The Admission Office will notify newly accepted students who meet the eligibility requirements; for these students, the formal application process is waived. To confirm their participation, students need to contact the Honors Program Director.
Current students: Students who meet the eligibility requirements after their first semester at Mount Mary should complete the Honors Program Application Form and then contact the Honors Program Director.
Contact the Honors Program
Contact Dr. Krista Moore, Honors Program Director at (414) 933-3353 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Admission Office with any questions about the Honors Program.