Create the next step in your career with Mount Mary University’s accredited Master of Science (M.S.) in Occupational Therapy degree. This coed degree program is designed for individuals with a bachelor’s degree in any field who want to become a certified (registered) occupational therapist (OTR).
If you have not earned a bachelor's degree and are looking to earn one at Mount Mary, please visit the Bachelor of Science/Master of Science (BS/MS) Program page.
Mount Mary's Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program is a 28 month program that serves as preparation for initial certification as an occupational therapist. Students complete 21 months at Mount Mary University focusing on professional skills and then participate in a college arranged fieldwork experience for six months, putting their knowledge into practice. Following fieldwork, students complete a one-month culminating project and practice experience.
The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy features:
- The largest occupational therapy program in the state of Wisconsin
- On-campus coursework and individual attention from faculty to support you to achieve success
- A faculty-arranged, 6-month fieldwork experience where you can put textbook knowledge into practice
- Online distance learning during your fieldwork that connects classroom knowledge to fieldwork practice
- Knowledgeable and caring instructors who are well-respected occupational therapists
- Opportunities for a career helping people of all ages live satisfying and productive lives and working in hospitals, schools, nursing facilities, home health care or behavioral care setting
Graduate Studies Open House: October 3
Attend program-specific information sessions to learn more about graduate degrees in Art Therapy, Business, Counseling, Dietetics, Education, English and Occupational Therapy. Meet with faculty, admission counselors and current students. Financial aid information and campus tours will be available.RSVP for Oct 3
Take the Next Step at Mount Mary
- Learn about current tuition rates and financial aid options.
- Check out the program’s prerequisites and degree requirements.
- Contact your graduate admission counselor to get questions answered.
- Start creating your Mount Mary experience: Apply today!
The entry-level occupational therapy master’s degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE's telephone number, c/o AOTA is: (301) 652-AOTA and its web address is: www.acoteonline.org
For more information about program outcomes for Occupational Therapy, please visit the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) website: https://secure.nbcot.org/data/schoolstats.aspx
I chose Mount Mary because classes are offered two days a week, which allows for flexibility in life outside of school. The faculty are very caring and knowledgeable, too.