Fashion industry recognizes award-winning design
Local businesses and notable members of the fashion industry recognized a number of student fashion designs at the CREO 2019 student fashion show.
CREO is taken from the Latin word for "to make, create or produce." The show was held at the Bloechl Center on the Mount Mary campus.
The support of Milwaukee's fashion and retail community take the form of event sponsorship and achievement awards from community and industry supporters:
- Jockey Best of Show Award: Shoua Xiong
- Donna Ricco Outstanding Dress Award: Miranda Fluegge
- VJS Construction Most Marketable Award: Gigi Juanita Wagener
- Carolyn Megal '69 Historically Inspired Garment Award: Cassandra Stutzman
- Sandi Keiser Surface Design Award: Grace Jentsch
- Harley-Davidson Fashion Forward Award: Claudia Bonilla
- A.J. Ugent Furs Outstanding Tailoring Award: Alicia Johnson
- MKE Lifestyle Readers' Choice Award: Emily Zambrowicz
This year's premier sponsors include Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Jockey International, Pieper Power and VJS Construction Services. Other sponsors include Carolyn Megal '61, Fashion Angels and Donna Ricco '81.
The CREO live fashion show production is organized and executed by merchandise management students who spend a semester planning every detail of the event. Read more about the planning of the student designer fashion show in the spring 2019 Mount Mary Magazine here. Themed "Unscripted: Off the Cuff", the show featured over 80 garments from senior, junior and sophomore students in fashion design.