Master of Arts in English
Create the next step in your career and enhance your skills in professional and new media writing, or creative writing. Mount Mary University’s Master of Arts in English coed program blends professional writing instruction with graduate-level fundamentals creating a truly original learning experience.
English M.A., ’17
“The Mount Mary University English Graduate Program is a place for writers to grow. The instructors are outstanding and courses cover a range of topics--including poetry, flash fiction, memoir, novel and grant writing, and professional writing--with an overall emphasis on the craft of writing. Mount Mary University English Graduate Program: come grow with us!"
Mount Mary’s 30-credit Master of Arts in English program features:
- Two areas of study to choose from to customize your experience and develop your abilities in areas that interest you
- Flexible class schedules in evenings, weekends or in a hybrid (partially online) format so you can continue living life while achieving your master’s degree
- Knowledgeable and award-winning instructors who are published authors
- Opportunities to advance your career, pursue your goal of publishing, complete professional development to renew a K-12 teaching license or start a career teaching college-level English courses
- Small class sizes that provide consistent interaction with fellow classmates and faculty
Take the Next Step at Mount Mary
Learn about current tuition rates and financial aid options. Check out the program's degree requirements. Contact your graduate admission counselor with any questions. Start creating your Mount Mary experience: Apply today!
Authors who have visited campus
Mount Mary presents a series of events titled Writers on Writing during which featured writers talk about their craft. Below are some of the authors who have visited campus: