Call for Artists - Visual Abundance
Bring your classroom to ours. And showcase your students' work in our upcoming gallery.
Regional Art Education Invitational: "Visual Abundance"
The Mount Mary University Art & Graphic Design Department invites teachers to create projects with their students for exhibit in response to Michael Velliquette’s work. We encourage you to choose relevant content that represents your interests in harmony with the inspiration derived from Velliquette’s work.
Visual Abundance will explore the themes in Michael Velliquette's work and reflect on his creative process as it relates to the nature of matter, sensation, perception, reaction and consciousness. Explore his work in two ways: Marian Art Gallery exhibit, What We Are Looking For is What is Looking, previously shown, January-February 2016, or view Michael Velliquette’s website.
- Please note that all entries must be exhibition ready as appropriate for the display and protection of the work.
- Student exhibition is open to all students in grades 6-12 who reside in the state of Wisconsin or surrounding communities.
- Artwork may be submitted in any medium, must be original, and produced in the year 2016.
- Shipping and returns are the responsibility of the participants.
Judging & Awards
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each of two categories: Middle School: grades 6-8; High School, grades 9-12.
- Intent to participate: Fill out form below.
- Works to be completed and delivered by: Thursday, June 30, 2016 (Early submissions are welcomed and encouraged.)
- Final exhibit dates to be announced.
Register you and your students to participate in "Visual Abundance"