Supporting Mount Mary Scholarships Since 1968
Save the Date for the 50th Show!
Sunday, September 8, 2019
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Rain or Shine!
This annual outdoor art show is hosted on the west lawn of the Mount Mary campus, the Sunday after Labor Day. It features over 200 local and national artists who work in pottery, fiber, photography, painting, sculpture, glass and more. All artwork is original and priced at $100 or less. Each artist is selected by a jury of experienced Mount Mary alumnae, and the show is sponsored by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. With your entrance fee, the association is able to support Mount Mary scholarships.
Information for Show Attendees
- General admission is $10.
- Children 12 and under receive free admission.
- Patrons are able to pay by cash or credit card at the entry gates.
- There are no advanced tickets sales.
- Admission supports Mount Mary scholarships!
- Parking at the show is free.
- Handicap parking is available for those with a handicap permit.
- Patrons may park on the hill behind the show grounds using the Menomonee River Parkway entrance.
- A second parking lot is available off of the 92nd Street entrance.
- All artwork is sold for $100 or less.
- Food and drinks are available for purchase on the show grounds.
- We strictly prohibit the sale of any artwork before the show opens at 10 a.m.!
- We do not allow dogs (other than service dogs) or other pets into the show.
- To get the best artwork, patrons begin arriving early in the morning (often bringing coffee and breakfast).
- Some patrons have been doing this so long that they see friends they meet in line once a year!
- To signal the beginning of each show, the bell on Notre Dame Hall ring promptly at 10 a.m.
2019 Featured ArtistsClick on the plus sign to learn more about this year's featured artists.
Thank you to the 2019 friends of the show!
Each year, local, regional and national artists are invited to participate in the Starving Artists' Show. A few things artists should know about the show:
- This is a juried show.
- The show is always the first Sunday after Labor Day.
- Artwork must be sold for $100 or less.
- Neither the Alumnae Association nor Mount Mary University collect commission from an artist's sales.
- Over 5,000 patrons attend the show each year.
Applications are now closed! Thank you to everyone who applied to the 2019 show. Check back in early winter for next year's application.