Supporting Mount Mary Student Scholarships Since 1968
Sunday, September 9, 2018
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Rain or Shine!
This annual outdoor art show is hosted on the west lawn of the Mount Mary campus, the Sunday after Labor Day. It features over 200 local and national artists who work in pottery, fiber, photography, painting, sculpture and more. All artwork is original and priced at $100 or less. Each artist is selected by a jury of experienced Mount Mary alumnae, and the show is sponsored by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. With your entrance fee, the association is able to support student scholarships.
Information for Show Attendees
- General admission is $10.
- Children 12 and under receive free admission.
- Patrons are able to pay by cash or credit card at the entry gates.
- There are no advanced tickets sales!
- Admission fees help to support Mount Mary student scholarships!
- Parking at the show is free.
- Handicap parking is available for those with a handicap permit.
- Patrons may park on the hill behind the west lawn (show location) using the Menomonee
River Parkway entrance.
- A second parking lot is available by entering the 92nd street entrance and walking through our historic arches.
- All artwork is sold for $100 or less.
- Food and drinks are available for purchase on the show grounds.
- We strictly prohibit the sale of any artwork before the show opens at 10 a.m.!
- To get the best artwork, patrons begin arriving early in the morning (often bringing
coffee and breakfast).
- Some patrons have been doing this so long that they see friends they meet in line once a year!
- Sister Georgeann Krzyzanowski '66, SSND, usually wears her Packers gear (a Green Bay helmet with a habit) as she oversees the show grounds and checks on the score of the game.
- To signal the beginning of each show, the bell on Notre Dame Hall ring promptly at 10 a.m.
Volunteer at this Year's Show
The success of the show can be attributed to the over 100 volunteers that make this day possible. Whether it's Mount Mary alumnae, students, staff or members of the community, anyone can be a volunteer. Volunteers positions are available before, during and after the show. We invite you to get involved! Please click the link below to sign up to volunteer at this year's show on Sun., Sept. 9.
2018 Featured Artists
Application Information for Artists
Each year, local, regional and national artists are invited to participate in the Starving Artists' Show. A few things artists should know about this show:
- This is a juried show.
- The show is always the first Sunday after Labor Day.
- Artwork must be sold for $100 or less.
- Neither the Alumnae Association nor Mount Mary University can collect commissions from an artists' sales.
- Over 5,000 patrons attend the show each year.
Applications for the 2018 Show are now closed! Thank you to all of the artists that applied. Check back in early 2019 for the 2019 show application.