Alumnae and students alike come together, during the week of October 2, to celebrate Homecoming Week at Mount Mary University.
Homecoming Week on Mount Mary University's campus is packed with activities for students, faculty, alumnae, and community members. Here are just a few to add to your calendar.
- Mount Mary Women in STEM panel discussion: Alumnae in STEM careers offering their perspective on transitioning from an all-women’s institution into STEM-related fields, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5.
- Calling all potato enthusiasts! The Great Potato Derby is back for another year. Student Affairs will have starter kits available to begin building your lightning spud. The Derby will take place in the North Dining Room beginning at 12 p.m. on October 6. Be sure to wear your proper derby attire (large hats are encouraged).
- Blue Angel glory: Cheer on the Blue Angels to victory - soccer, cross country and volleyball have matches this week. View all sports.
- Special recognition: President Eileen Schwalbach, Ph.D., is among the notable alumnae award recipients receiving Madonna Medals for their outstanding work within their communities and their work on behalf of the University. They will be awarded during the Friday, Oct. 7 ceremony at which the City of Milwaukee recognizes the accomplishments of the Occupational Therapy Department.
- Mayor Tom Barrett is declaring Friday, Oct. 7, 2016 Mount Mary Occupational Therapy Day, in commemoration of the department’s 75th Anniversary. This honor will be unveiled at the Oct. 7 Alumnae Awards Night, and city alderman Jim Bohl will present a similar Common Council Resolution at event.
"From our amazing history to our bright future - the community comes together to celebrate
all of the great things about Mount Mary, during Homecoming on the Mount. Whether
it's racing potato cars or playing Bingo, Homecoming is a great opportunity to develop
school spirit and have fun," says Kayla Sell, Director of Student Engagement.
Learn more about Homecoming on the Mount.