CREO 2015: IGNITE
Latin for "to make, create, produce," CREO is an annual celebration from Mount Mary University's School of Arts & Design showcasing student work from fashion, fine art, graphic design, and interior design programs.
Annual Student Designer Fashion Show 2015
Sparking imagination and ideas, the 2015 production offered an opportunity to celebrate the work of students from fashion, fine art, and graphic design. Students and staff presented three New York style runway shows in the Harley-Davidson Museum Garage. Faye Wetzel, CEO and Founder of Faye's Boutique, served as the event's emcee. More than 500 Milwaukee-area business executives attended the show. Fashion news media, university staff, local high school groups, friends, and family of designers were also in attendance. Receptions followed the runway shows as guests enjoyed fine art and graphic design student work in the Harley-Davidson Museum Chrome Tent. See full photo album.
Fashion Show Awards
Each year, fashion industry leaders, retailers, and manufacturers recognize design excellence with student awards. This year's recipients include:
- Best of Show Award, sponsored by Bon Ton: Emily Ristow
- Donna Ricco Outstanding Dress Award, sponsored by Donna Ricco: Sara Sybesma
- Sister Aloyse Outstanding Design Talent Award, sponsored by Florida Perry Smith: Tori Sterr
- Outstanding Pattern-maker Award, sponsored by Kohl's: Pa Chang Her
- Most Marketable Award, sponsored by Kohl's: Ashley Lehnen
- Best Historic Inspired Garment, sponsored by Friends of Fashion: Jordan Weber
- Fashion Forward Award, sponsored by Harley-Davidson Motor Company: Emily Ristow
- Outstanding Tailoring Award, sponsored by A.J. Ugent: Emily Ristow
- Attention to Detail, sponsored by Jessie Little: Pa Kou Vang
- Outstanding Use of Fabric Award, sponsored by Nancy Zieman and Sewing with Nancy: Tamara Sanchez
- Reader's Choice Award, sponsored by M Magazine: Shala Peppers
Arts & Design Honors Exhibit
The Arts & Design Honors Exhibit is a juried, longstanding School of Arts & Design tradition, highlighting the strongest and most recent creative work from Fine Arts, Art Therapy, Fashion Design and Merchandise Management, Graphic Design, and Interior Design students. Leading artists in the community recognized achievements with excellence awards:
- League of Milwaukee Artists Award: Sarah Frink & Michelle Dabel
- Wisconsin Visual Artists Southeast Chapter and Milwaukee Artist Resource Network Joint Award: Molly Peck & Duyen Nguyen
Support Student Scholarships
Love what you see? Make a tax-deductible gift toward scholarships that support a diverse community of learners. Select "other" and type in "Arts & Design."
Social Media #CREO15