Psychology Student Activities
Psychology majors are encouraged to participate in service learning activities, as well as student clubs and organizations.
Psi Chi International Honor Society
Psi Chi is the international honor society in psychology. Its purpose is to encourage,
stimulate and maintain excellence in scholarship, and to advance the science of psychology.
Undergraduate and graduate students interested in psychology and who meet minimum
academic requirements are eligible to apply.
Contact Laurel End, faculty adviser, for more information about this honor society.
Service Learning in Psychology
You can enhance your education through service learning opportunities in the Milwaukee
area. Some psychology classes have a service learning component, but you also can
gain valuable experience and work for social justice by engaging in service learning
on your own or with other classmates.
Psychology majors have performed service learning in the following areas and with the following organizations.
Service to Children
- Community Advocates/Milwaukee Women’s Center
- Milwaukee College Prep
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission-Cross Trainers Academy
- Notre Dame Middle School
- Sojourner Family Peace Center
- Hope House
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s Joy House
- Repairers of the Breach
Service to Adults
- 9 to 5 Milwaukee
- Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin
- House of Peace
- Lutheran Social Services
- Milwaukee Achiever Literacy Service
- Notre Dame Middle School – Adult English as a Second Language Tutoring Center
- Voces de la Frontera
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod – Model English Language Outreach Program
Service to Older Adults
- Interfaith Older Adult Programs
- Lutheran Home & Hardwood Place – Early Bird Club
Addressing Neighborhoods/Environmental Issues
- Agape Community Center
- Growing Power
- New Moon Productions – Guns, Grief and Grace in America
- Urban Ecology Center
- Walnut Way Conservation Corp