Kari C. Inda, Ph.D., OTR
Professor and Chairperson, Occupational Therapy Department
Phone: (414) 930-3238
Fax: (414) 930-3728
- Nova Southeastern University, Doctor of Philosophy in Occupational Therapy
- Mount Mary College, Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Mount Mary College, Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Milwaukee Area Technical College, Associate of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy
"I oversee the operations of the occupational therapy program since 2009. I teach adult physical disabilities coursework, including Neuroscience, Neurorehabilitation, Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Kinesiology. I love watching students develop into competent, creative health care professionals. Our programs encourages growth of the whole person so our graduates can make a positive impact with the people they serve."
"Strategies to Enhance Certification Exam Performance in Occupational Therapy Candidates". American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference, April 2016.
"Closing the Gap between Practice, Education, and the Professional Doctorate". American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference, April 2016.
"Teaching for the Test: Strategies to Enhance Certification Exam Performance in Occupational Therapy Students". American Occupational Therapy Association National Educator's Summit, October, 2013.
Awards & Honors:
- Heritage Award, Mount Mary University, February 2014
- Milwaukee Area Technical College, Local 212 Alumni Excellence Award, April 2012
- Teaching Excellence Award, Mount Mary College, 2004-2005
"National physical therapy examination review & study guide" (16th ed.) TherapyEd, Ltd. Contributing author, 2015.
Fleming-Castaldy, R. P. (2014). National OT certification exam review & study guide. (7th ed.). Evanston, IL: TherapyEd. Contributor to multiple chapters of book.
Fleming-Castaldy, R. P. & Inda, K. C. (2014). Occupational therapy course manual (Edition 5.0.) Evanston, IL: TherapyEd. Contributor to multiple chapters.
"Section II: Principles of successful test-taking and exam preparation study hints"
R. P. Fleming-Castaldy (Ed). Occupational therapy course manual (5th ed.), 2012.
- American Occupational Therapy Association, 1991 – present
- Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association, 1991 – present
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists, 2010 – present
Grants and Research:
- Completed research, June 2013: Relationship between critical thinking skills and certification
exam performance of occupational therapy students.
- Completed two grants, June 2014 and August 2014 to fund a newly designed hospital simulation lab within the occupational therapy department.