Fashion Boot Camp
What is Fashion Boot Camp?Fashion Boot Camp is a week-long camp for students entering grades 7-12 who are interested in learning more about the fashion industry.
You’ll learn the ins and outs of Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandise Management. This camp is non-credit and pre-college, offering you hands-on exploration of the many opportunities the fashion industry has to offer!
Who is Fashion Boot Camp for?Fashion Boot Camp is for students, grades 7 through 12, with an interest in pursuing fashion as a career.
When is Fashion Boot Camp held?Fashion Boot Camp will be held June 22-26, 2015, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. daily.
What is the cost to attend?The cost to attend is $400 per camper. Lunch is included.
How do I register or get more information?Download the Registration Form and mail back with your check for $400. Or, pay online and send back the PDF with your additional registration information.
Questions? Contact Sarah Eichhorn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 258-4810, ext. 310, with questions.
Read the news release.
Section DescriptionsSection 1: Fashion Design
- 9 a.m.–10:30 a.m.: Fashion Illustration – Begin the basics of fashion drawing and rendering, as well as developing your own designs onto fashion figures.
- 10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.: Surface Design - Various fabric dyeing and printing techniques will be explored and sampled in this class. Students will then pick a technique they enjoy and dye their own fabric to use in their sewing studio class.
- 1–3 p.m.: Sewing – Starting with the basics, the students will familiarize themselves with the sewing machine. With those skills they will use the fabric created in the Shibori class to create a completed garment!
- 9–10:30 a.m.: Visual Merchandising - Student will learn the basics of designing a visual space for retail.
- 10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.: Styling - Learn the beginnings of fashion styling with exploring how to put a complete look together! This class explores balancing color and texture, as well as following current trends.
- 1–3 p.m.: Digital Photography – This class will explore the possibilities with digital photographs, as well as editing in Photoshop. Students will take photos of the garments they have styled, as well as the retail spaces they have created. Students will also need to provide their own digital camera and SD card drive to use for the course.
News Coverage, Video, and Photos from 2014
Fox 6 News. (2014). Looking to break into the field of fashion? Here's your chance!