Master of Arts in Education Admission Information
To be eligible for the Mount Mary Master of Arts in Education graduate program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have teacher certification in Wisconsin or another state. (If you have completed a teacher preparation program but do not have certification, contact the program director before applying.)
- Submit all required application materials. (see details below)
International Students: See additional application requirements and procedures or contact your graduate admission counselor for questions.
- August 1, for fall semester entry
- December 1, for spring semester entry
- May 1, for summer semester entry
How to Apply to the Master of Arts in Education Program
1. Complete and submit the online Graduate Student Application.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee ($45 for domestic students; $100 for international students). You can submit the payment online by credit card or e-check through CashNet on the MyMountMary portal. Note: The application fee is waived for Mount Mary alumnae. If you’re an alumna, contact your graduate admission counselor to obtain the waiver code prior to submitting your application.
- Submit your official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. You will need to contact each institution (typically the registrar’s office) to have your transcript sent, with an embossed seal, directly to: Mount Mary University, Graduate Admission Office, 2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway, Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597. All undergraduate, post-baccalaureate and graduate transcripts should be provided. Applicants who previously attended Mount Mary do not need to request Mount Mary transcripts, but should furnish transcripts for other schools, if applicable. Use Mount Mary’s Transcript Request Form (PDF) to help speed up this process.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. The recommendations should be from professionals in the field of education, including one from your current principal or supervisor. Use our Letter of Recommendation for Graduate Study Form (PDF).
- Write and submit a career goals statement. The statement should describe your career goals, specifying objectives, experience or skills contributing to your decision to pursue graduate study in education. Please include your name on the statement and submit the statement as an MS Word document.
- Provide a copy of your teaching license(s). To obtain a copy of your teaching license in Wisconsin, contact the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. If you do not hold a teaching license, please contact the program director before applying.
Submit all application materials via postal mail or email to:
- Mount Mary University, Graduate Admission Office, 2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway, Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597
Admission decisions will be made after all application materials are received. Learn how to check on your application status.