The Mount Mary University Dietetic Internship Program prepares competent, creative, analytical dietitians with the agility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and excel as socially minded, evidence-based practitioners in a variety of settings.
Our dietetic internship program strengthens the academic background of interns with 18 graduate credits and provides diverse experiences with a concentration in disease prevention and health promotion.
We continuously work to improve our program. Current goals include:
- Prepare competent, entry-level dietitians.
- Stimulate interns to continue their professional growth through graduate education completion*, certification in specialized areas of dietetics and professional activities.
- Meet interns’ individual learning needs and interests through internship placement
sites and graduate coursework that promote excellence in practice.
Mount Mary’s dietetic internship program has been accredited continuously since 1998. A 10-year reaccreditation was granted in 2010. Additionally, the program experiences the following outcomes:
- Mount Mary interns have a 100 percent 5-year pass rate and a 95 percent 5-year, first-time pass rate on the national Registration Examination for Dietitians.
- Interns’ performance typically exceeds national average scores in each exam area.
- Most interns are employed within six months of seeking employment.
- 98 percent of interns say they would recommend the dietetic internship to others.