Master of Science in Dietetics Admission Information
To be eligible for the Mount Mary University Master of Science in Dietetics graduate program, you must meet the following requirements:
- be a registered dietitian or have completed the equivalent coursework to be eligible to take the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Registration Examination for Dietitians
- have a minimum undergraduate GPA for 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- submit all required application materials (see details below)
Work experience in dietetics is highly recommended. Concurrent work in the field is beneficial during the thesis or non-thesis project completion.
Note: If you are not yet a registered dietitian and are not eligible to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians, consider applying for the Mount Mary’s dietetic internship program or coordinated undergraduate program in dietetics. Contact your graduate admission counselor for more information.
International Students: See additional application requirements and procedures or contact your graduate admission counselor for questions.
- August 1, for fall semester entry
- December 1, for spring semester entry
How to Apply
1. Complete and submit the online Graduate Student Application.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee ($45 for domestic students; $100 for international students). You can submit the payment online by credit card or e-check through CashNet on the MyMountMary portal. Note: The application fee is waived for Mount Mary alumnae. If you’re an alumna, contact your graduate admission counselor to obtain the waiver code prior to submitting your application.
- Submit your official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. You will need to contact each institution (typically the registrar’s office) to have your transcript sent, with an embossed seal, directly to: Mount Mary University, Graduate Admission Office, 2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway, Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597. If you are in the process of completing coursework toward a degree, you are required to submit an official transcript verifying receipt of the degree after completing the coursework. Use Mount Mary’s Transcript Request Form (PDF) to help speed up this process.
- Submit three letters of recommendation. The recommendations should be from professionals in the field of dietetics. Letters from your undergraduate professors or former or current supervisors are highly recommended. Use our Letter of Recommendation for Graduate Study Form (PDF).
- Submit your resume.
- Write and submit a career goals statement. The statement should describe your experience in dietetics and professional goals contributing to your decision to pursue graduate study. The statement should be two to three pages and should demonstrate writing competencies appropriate for graduate-level coursework. Please include your name on the statement.
- Complete an interview with the program director. Once you submit all application materials, the Master of Science in Dietetics program director may contact you to schedule an interview.
Submit all application materials via postal mail or email to:
- Graduate Admission Office, Mount Mary University, 2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway, Milwaukee, WI 53222-4597
Admission decisions will be made after all application materials are received. Learn how to check on your application status.
Contact your graduate admission counselor with application questions.