Master of Science in Counseling
Create the next step in your career with a Master of Science in Counseling degree
from Mount Mary University. You can choose to pursue one of two counseling concentrations:
clinical mental health and school counseling.
Mount Mary’s coed counseling graduate program participates in the National Board for Certified Counselors’ National certification program, the Graduate Student Administration – National Counselor Certification Examination (GSA-NCC Exam). The NCC credential is the only master’s level, professional counselor certification you can apply for while enrolled in college. Mount Mary is one of only five institutions in Wisconsin whose students may earn the NCC credential.
As of Spring 2014, program enrollment in the Community Counseling Concentration is no longer available to future applicants. Anyone interested in a community or clinical mental health counseling program should visit our "Clinical Mental Health" concentration page.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling ’12
“I chose Mount Mary for its reputation of producing competent counselors and helping professionals. My experience as a student working with the homeless population has helped me to develop compassion and understanding.”
Mount Mary’s Master of Science in Counseling features:
- Courses that prepare you to become a Licensed Professional Counselor, Substance Abuse Counselor, licensed school counselor, or to receive a certificate in trauma counseling
- Flexible class schedules with full-time and part-time study options
- Knowledgeable instructors who are actively engaged in the counseling profession
- Opportunities for employment at hospitals, nursing homes, family service organizations, hospices, schools, prisons, shelters, mental health clinics, substance abuse facilities and other clinical settings
- Small class sizes that make interaction with fellow classmates and faculty easier
If you already hold a master’s degree in counseling, consider our post-master’s in counseling program.
Take the Next Step at Mount Mary
- Check out the program’s degree requirements for the clinical mental health counseling and school counseling concentrations
- Contact your graduate admission counselor with any questions.
- Start creating your Mount Mary experience: Apply today!
Counseling Program Data
- Counseling (M.S.) Clinical Internship Site Supervisor Survey 2013
- Counseling (M.S.) Alumni Survey 2010-2012