Pre/Post-baccalaureate Certificates in Spanish
Mount Mary University offers pre-baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate certificates in Spanish.
A pre-baccalaureate certificate in Spanish is available to anyone—including current undergraduate students or non-degree seeking students. A bachelor’s degree is not required to pursue this certificate, but you must meet all of the undergraduate admission requirements of the university. This is not a formal bachelor’s degree program, but is a certificate for an area of specialization that can be combined with a formal degree. Consult the Undergraduate Bulletin for more details on requirements and courses for this certificate.
There are three different post-baccalaureate certificate options for women who already hold a bachelor’s degree and who want to study Spanish:
- Spanish for the Professional: This certificate requires a minimum of 12 credits. Required courses cover topics such as intermediate Spanish for professionals, composition and conversation. You also can choose an elective in Hispanic, Latin American or Spanish culture or civilization. Download the Curriculum Guide list for more details on requirements and courses for this certificate.
- Spanish for Native/Heritage Speakers: This certificate requires a minimum of 12 credits. Required courses cover topics such as Hispanic literature and civilization, and the Hispanic American experience. One 300-level or 400-level course is also required. You can choose your elective from courses on advanced composition or conversation, or Latin American or Spanish literature or civilization. Download the Curriculum Guide for more details on requirements and courses for this certificate.
- Bilingual Education: This certificate requires a minimum of 19 credits and prepares you to teach Spanish at the middle or high school level. Consult teacher education certificate requirements as well. A minimum four-week study abroad experience is required. Consult the Undergraduate Bulletin for more details on requirements and courses for this certificate.
Take the Next Step
To learn more about the Spanish pre- and post-baccalaureate certificate programs, contact the Admission Office.
- For post-baccalaureate certificates, you can apply online using the Undergraduate Post-baccalaureate Certificate/Second Degree Application.
- To pursue a pre-baccalaureate certificate only, you can apply online using the Undergraduate Special Student Application.
- If you plan to pursue a bachelor’s in addition to this certificate, apply online using the Undergraduate Freshman or Transfer Application.
- If you are a current student, contact your faculty adviser or the academic advising office with questions.