Starving Artists' Show
Always the Sunday after Labor Day! This annual outdoor art show features local and national artists that work in all mediums and sell original artwork for $100 or less.
The Centennial Starving Artists’ Show
September 8, 2013
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
$5 Admission at the gate. (No advanced sales.)
Parking is available on the Mount Mary campus and on nearby streets.
View map of show grounds.
Timeline for Artists
Each year the Starving Artists’ Show welcomes local, regional and national artists to participate in the show. Selection for the show includes a juried process. See a list of talented artists exhibiting at the 2013 show.
- December—Application to participate becomes available online.
- January—Applications to participate begin to be accepted.
- March 1—Applications are due. Jury process begins.
- April—Artists are notified of acceptance. A limited number of artists in each medium are accepted. Previous participation in the Starving Artists’ Show does not guarantee participation in a future show.
- September—The Starving Artists’ Show is the first Sunday after Labor Day each year. Accepted artists may set up Saturday, September 7, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, September 8, 7 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Check in for all accepted artists is Sunday after 7 a.m.
How to Apply to Exhibit
Application to the 2013 Starving Artists’ Show begins in December. For updates and application deadlines, we invite you to join our mailing list or like our Starving Artists’ Show Facebook page. Provide your name, medium, phone number and mailing address to Alumnae and Parent Engagement Office to be added to the mailing list.
Sponsorship and Volunteers
The Starving Artists' Show is sponsored by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. Proceeds of the show benefit Mount Mary University and the Alumnae Scholarship Endowment.
The Starving Artists’ Show is successful because of our more than 200 volunteers—Mount Mary alumnae, students, staff and their families—who make it possible. We welcome you to get involved! To find out more about volunteering for the show, contact the Alumnae and Parent Engagement Office.
Since 1969, the show has raised more than $1 million to support the university and students. We thank you for your support!