Starving Artists' Show
Always the Sunday after Labor Day! This annual outdoor art show features local and national artists who work in all mediums and sell original artwork for $100 or less.
Save the date for the 2016 Starving Artists' Show on Sunday, September 11, on Mount Mary University's campus lawn.
Information for Artists
Each year, local, regional, and national artists are invited to participate in the Starving Artists' Show. A few things artists should know about this show include:
- this is a juried show
- this show is always the first Sunday after Labor Day
- artwork must be sold for $100 or less
- neither the Alumnae Association nor Mount Mary University collect commission from an artist's sales
- over 5,000 patrons attend this show
This timeline shows what artists can expect when applying to this show.
- Artist application form becomes available online on this webpage.
- Artist application form is mailed to artists on our mailing list.
- Applications to participate are now being accepted.
- Artist application form deadline is March 1, 2016.
- The jury process begins after March 1.
- Artists are notified of acceptance.
- Please note the following: a limited number of artists in each medium are accepted. Previous participation in the Starving Artists’ Show does not guarantee participation in a future show.
- Accepted artists may set up Saturday, September 10, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, September 11, 7:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Check-in for all accepted artists is Sunday after 7:00 a.m.
Pictures of the Starving Artists' Show Grounds
Sponsorship and Volunteers for 2016
The Starving Artists' Show is sponsored by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. Proceeds of the show benefit Mount Mary University and the Alumnae Scholarship Endowment. The success of the show can be attributed to the 200 plus volunteers—Mount Mary alumnae, students, staff, and families—who make it possible. We invite you to get involved! To find out more about volunteering for the show, contact the Office of Alumnae Relations.
Follow Us on Facebook