Madonna Medal and Tower Award
The Madonna Medal represents the highest honor bestowed upon an alumna by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. Awards are given to alumnae who clearly demonstrate a long standing commitment to their profession or volunteerism as evidenced by outstanding and unique accomplishments, previous awards, organizational memberships, and substantive relationships. Three awards are given, one alumna from each category. Awards are given to highlight accomplishments in one of three areas:
- Professional Excellence
- Community Service
- Service to the University and/or Alumnae Association.
Awards are conferred at the annual reunion/University Homecoming. Acceptance of the award requires attendance at the ceremony. A Madonna recipient may be awarded no more than one award in each category. Completed nominations remain under consideration for three years, after which time an alumna can be re-nominated for another three year cycle. Nominations may come only from alumnae and University staff.
Tower Award for Excellence
The Tower Award for Excellence recognizes an alumna who has graduated within the past 15 years and is bestowed upon an alumna by the Mount Mary University Alumnae Association. It will honor an alumna who distinguishes herself from her peers. The recipient is also nominated based upon their following and upholding the 4 C’s of Mount Mary University: Competence, Community, Compassion and Commitment. It will be given to one alumna annually.
Awards are conferred at the annual reunion/University Homecoming; acceptance of the award requires attendance at the ceremony. A Tower Award recipient may be given no more than one award. Completed nominations remain under consideration for three years, after which time an alumna can be re-nominated for another three year cycle. Tower Award nominations may come from alumnae, family friends, University staff and community members.
Nominations details for the Madonna Medal and Tower Award:
Note: The materials below are due after a nomination form has been submitted! To nominate someone, all that is required is a nomination form and a letter of recommendation by nominator.
- The below application completed in full by the nominating party.
- A résumé or vitae detailing work history, volunteer history, or Alumnae Association activates, including detail on any awards, leadership roles, or unique and outstanding contributions.
- A maximum of 3 letters of reference from individuals who can provide detail and affirmation of the nominees' exceptional work or volunteer history.
- Any other supportive material which you think would assist the committee in its deliberations.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered. The Alumnae Office will work with the nominator's to complete the nomination process.
Nominations accepted May 1, 2014 - July 1, 2014.
Contact the Alumnae Office with any questions at 414-256-1254.