Job Outlook for Accounting Majors
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the outlook for accounting graduates is very positive. Key findings:
- Overall job opportunities should be favorable.
- Most accounting jobs require at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Job seekers earning certification, licensure, or a master’s degree will have the best employment opportunities.
- Changing financial laws and regulations, and greater scrutiny of company finances will drive faster-than-average growth of accountants and auditors.
- The demand for accountants is especially high
in areas of tax, health care, non-profits, government and temporary