Mount Mary University encourages academic excellence. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The HLC is one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. All institutions must meet the criteria set forth by the HLC and be evaluated every 10 years. Mount Mary’s accreditation was renewed in 2013.
In addition, the university and our academic programs are approved or accredited by:
- State of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin State Department of Public Instruction for Teachers’ Certificates
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- American Art Therapy Association
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Council on Social Work Education
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation
Programs offered in affiliation with other institutions are accredited by:
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology Technology—The radiologic technology program is offered in affiliation with Radiology Alliance, which includes Froedtert Hospital and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare.
- Wisconsin State Board of Nursing—The nursing program is offered in affiliation with Columbia College of Nursing.
- National League for Nursing Accreditation Committee—The nursing program is offered in affiliation with Columbia College of Nursing.