Sustainable Campus at Mount Mary
Mount Mary University believes a sustainable global society must be founded on respect for the environment, human dignity, social justice and a culture of peace.
Mount Mary’s Sustainability Task Force creates an awareness of and commitment to sustainable practices through individual, institutional, local, professional and community actions with a goal of global impact.
Sustainability Initiatives & Pledge
Green Habit Initiative: Promoted by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Mount Mary’s sponsoring organization, this initiative recognizes and promotes sustainable living practices by identifying green habits and holding them up as inspiration to others.
St. Francis Pledge
We pledge to:
- Pray and reflect on the duty to care for God’s Creation and protect the poor and vulnerable.
- Learn about and educate others on the causes and moral dimensions of climate change.
- Assess how we, as individuals and in our families, parishes and other affiliations, contribute to climate change by our own energy use, consumption, waste, etc.
- Act to change our choices and behaviors to reduce the ways we contribute to climate change.
- Advocate for Catholic principles and priorities in climate change discussions and decisions, especially as they impact those who are poor and vulnerable.